The annual Pecan Cook-off is your chance to show off your own culinary skills and compete for the title of Best Overall Dish using PECANS! Contestants compete in appetizer, entreé, or dessert categories and a panel of celebrity judges from the community sample each dish.
2021 Competition Rules
- Each entry must contain pecans and must be prepared from scratch by the contestant.
- Each entry must be prepared and presented in a sanitary manner for the safety of the judges. Judges reserve the right to disqualify entries deemed unsanitary or potentially unsafe.
- Entries may not be distributed to festival attendees and participants must remove prepared foods immediately following the awards presentation.
- Prizes will be awarded for the first place in each category and an overall winner once all entries have been judged.
- Participants must bring entry form, recipe, and dish to to the designated area no later than 10:15 a.m. on Saturday, November 6.
- $100 Visa Gift Card for first place in each category
- Trophies for first place in each category
- Aprons and Pecan Prize Packs for first place in each category